Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Tale Behind Tina Fey's Facial Scar

The internet is buzzing with the story behind Tina Fey's barely-noticable facial scar. Up to now, Fey had refused to talk about its origins, saying it bummed out her parents to discuss it.

In an interview in Vanity Fair, Fey's husband, Jeff Richmond, says a stranger slashed the 30 Rock star's face when she was 5 years old in the front yard of her house.
"That scar was fascinating to me," he says. "This is somebody who . . . has gone through something. And I think it really informs the way she thinks about her life."

Fey says talking about the attack would seem like exploiting it.
"It's really almost like I'm able to forget about it until I was on-camera, and it became a thing of 'Oh, I guess we should use this side' or whatever. Everybody's got a better side," she says.

Read all about it in Vanity Fair, which features this cover:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: