Saturday, October 17, 2009
Comment, comment, comment!
Please let this be true, I could use a bit of Caveman Obama in my life right now!
Friday, October 16, 2009
Admittedly it was the first thing I thought of when I heard Taylor Swift was going to host, but I'm kinda thinking will the whole Kanye/Taylor/VMA saga not be dead when November 7 comes? I, for one, am sick of it and not trying to be controversial, but I agreed with Kanye's sentiments (about Single Ladies deserving to win) just not with how he aired those sentiments.
Is this something you'd like to see happen? Or should SNL leave this pseudo-fiasco alone?
Thursday, October 15, 2009
So, I'm pretty excited to see Taylor Swift. You might remember that she made an appearance in Save Broadway during the NPH show in January & seemed like she might have some comic chops.
What do you think? Is SNL trying too hard to stay young or is Taylor Swift a good hosting choice?
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
- Drew Barrymore's monologue - the premise being all the Barrymores were Valley Girls. Favourite Barrymore - Bill Hader doing Hamlet. High-larious!
- Commercial parody for University of Westfield. Funny & concise.
- Justin Long's cameo as Matthew McConaughey & Abby Elliott's eerily perfect Anna Faris impression. (Sketch as a whole didn't do it for me though)
- Vinny Vedecci's scrolling list of women he had to apologise to.
- James Carville on WU.
- Digital Short - wonderfully whimsy & random.
- Will Forte's character Hamilton reciting Love In This Club
- Drew Barrymore's bumper photos - dayum girl!
- Regina Spektor's second performance.
And that's about it. As far as actual sketches go, the show was pretty weak & only surpassed Megan Fox's show due to Drew Barrymore's wonderful on-screen presence. Writing was so weak & even WU wasn't up to scratch.
I'm not even gonna grade this one, but it makes 1 mediocre show & 2 bad shows this season.
This Saturday - Gerard Butler. Oi.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
People is reporting that Bill Hader's wife Maggie Carey gave birth to a baby girl Hannah Kathryn Hader last Tuesday!
Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed that they didn't go through with calling their little 'un Lorne - just kidding.
Congrats to the new parents!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Check out Megan Fox/U2 and Ryan Reynolds/Lady Gaga recaps here -