Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Highlights of the SNL Panel at The New Yorker Festival | The New Yorker

"Here are a few highlights from David Remnick’s Sunday-afternoon panel with some (slightly groggy) cast members from “Saturday Night Live”:

Kristen Wiig on how she got the job: “Lorne and I made love…for three days.”
REALLY?!?

Andy Samberg on meeting Rahm Emanuel: “He was very nice. He made me sit at his desk. He made me. He was like, ‘Do you like how it feels?’”
REALLY?!?

Kenan Thompson on why Lorne’s actually a great guy at heart: “Some guy came up to him and gave him this whole story about how he was homeless. And Lorne gave him $100…. Keep in mind that’s all he had, was hundred-dollar bills.”
REALLY?!?

Jason Sudeikis on what he’d be doing if he wasn’t cast on “SNL”: “I think I’d be hosting ‘Chelsea Lately.’ ”
REALLY?!?

Fred Armisen on which of his characters is the most challenging: “It’s hard to wear the Prince shoes. They’re really pointy.”
REALLY?!?

Seth Meyers on manning the desk on Weekend Update: “Someone made a joke that the closest I’ve come to a catchphrase is, ‘I’m going to stop you there.’”
REALLY?!?"


No comments: