Thursday, September 8, 2011

You betcha this is a thing.
Ben & Jerry's has teamed up with Broadway Video Enterprises to unveil a new SNL-inspired flavour entitled "Schweddy Balls". Based on the now-infamous SNL sketch featuring Molly Shannon, Ana Gasteyer and Alec Baldwin, Schweddy Balls features Fair Trade vanilla ice cream with a hint of rum and is loaded with fudge covered rum balls and milk chocolate malt balls and is available for a limited time nationwide while stocks last. 
Asked for his thoughts on the flavour, Alec Baldwin said, “For a long time, I thought that ‘Here Lies Pete Schweddy’ would end up on my tombstone. Now, thanks to Ben & Jerry's, the goodness of the Schweddy family recipe won't go with me to the great beyond.” 
Meanwhile, Ana Gasteyer said, "The Schweddy Balls sketch was a personal favorite from my SNL run, so I am pleased as holiday punch that Ben and Jerry's has taken it upon themselves to share the Schweddy Family recipe with the world. As a person and a performer, I am a sucker for holiday balls. And I have no doubt this ice cream will cause many to scream 'Good Times'." 

Get your hands on it while stocks last, guys.

No comments: