Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bill Hader To Star in Dog Of The South

Here's an excerpt from an interview with superbad (I'm just using it as an adjective to describe the man) director Greg Mottola, where he professes his love for Bill Hader and gives some details on another Mottola-Hader collaboration.

So: Bill Hader.
I love Bill. A lot of the people you meet in comedy love comedy movies. The great thing about Bill is, he’s a total cinephile. We can sit and talk about Hal Ashby, geek out on Kubrick or old foreign films for days on end. I love comedy, but you get sick of talking about old Steve Martin movies.

Bill and I optioned a novel, this book by Charles Portis called Dog of the South. Charles Portis wrote True Grit. This is a comic novel that’s set in the ‘70s, and it’s one of the funniest things I ever read. It’s for me to direct and Bill to star in. But it’s a dramatic acting role. It’s going to be Bill showing a whole other side of stuff. And I can’t wait, because I know he has it in him.


http://www.heebmagazine.com/blog/view/1380/1
Full interview with Adventureland director Greg Mottola above.

No comments: