I've taken the liberty of collating some of the online reviews of Bridesmaids that have surfaced since the comedy debuted at SXSW last night. All of them (with the exception of Variety) are absolute raves, so I think we've got ourselves a future comedy classic on our hands.
- Movieline - "..the most raunchy, sweet and wonderfully vulgar R-rated comedy in recent memory."
- Cinema Blend - "Bridesmaids is raunchy, well-crafted fun and a must-see when it hits theaters in May. The world needs more three-dimensional and unbridled romantic comedy leads like Kristin Wiig."
- The Playlist - "A-"
- UGO - "This is the place to announce, at full voice, that Kristin Wiig is a marvel of schtick, and that this film will situate her, forever, as a major voice in comedy. A-"
- /Film - "Confident, a mix of laugh-out-loud funny, smart, raunchy, and heartbreaking. Bridesmaides is a homerun."
- HitFix -"...this is so strong that I hope it makes Wiig into a real star, and that she's able to tell other stories that are this personal and this hilarious."
Bridesmaids hits theaters May 13 and is, for sure, a must-see.