Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Jay Pharoah talks to WaPo

The Washington Post reported Jay Pharoah's hiring to SNL last night and got to share a few words with the man himself. The Virginia native reportedly got noticed by SNL when they discovered an audition tape of his that had been floating around for a year or so. Pharoah kept mum on a  lot of questions revealing only, ""I'm known for impressions and family stories." 
The inevitable question of whether he would take over as SNL's resident Obama came up to which Pharoah replied, ""I just got here. I'm just trying to fit in. I don't know what's going to happen." Very coy, Pharoah, very coy!
His tone was markedly more excited on Facebook where he posted -


"I've been quiet about this bit hey they announced it. Im on SNL baby and thank you all!!!! I couldn't talk about it yall get it?"


Pharoah will make his debut on SNL along with Vanessa Bayer, Paul Brittain and Taran Killam when SNL returns September 25.

No comments: